Morris Black Designs offers an endless selection of countertops to complement your cabinetry style. In addition to exciting natural surfaces such as granite, slate, and marble, you can choose from a wide variety of colorful laminates, fabricated solid surfaces, such as Corian and Meganite; or the latest in engineered stone products like Zodiac, Cambria, and Silestone. And there’s still more . . . consider innovative countertops in soapstone or stainless steel, or environmentally friendly countertops made of sustainable materials like wood, concrete, or glass. (Learn more about these materials on our “Green Products” page).
The natural beauty of granite countertops enhances the value of your entire home. Granite is one of the hardest materials on earth and is able to withstand heavy use, making it a natural choice for your kitchen or bathroom countertop. Available in numerous colors, textures and patterns; polished granite will give it a smooth, reflective appearance, while honed granite creates a matte look.
- Rich variation of colors and textures
- Unique graining patterns
- Highly durable
- Heat resistant
- Scratch resistant
- Relatively expensive
- Requires periodic maintenance and sealing; sealer can be damaged by heat
- Porous surface, visible seams
- Samples may vary so it is best to make final selection at fabricator’s facility
Engineered Stone (Quartz)
Engineered stone is a 93% quartz-based product combined with resins to create a dense, non-porous material that blends the look and feel of natural stone with superior performance. An engineered stone kitchen or bathroom countertop requires no maintenance and offers stain resistance and some heat and scratch resistance.
- Unique colors and quartz appearance
- Greater color consistency
- High durablity
- Does not require sealing or other maintenance
- Non-porous (hygienic)
- Can be at least as expensive as granite
- Visible seams
- Can chip at edges and corners
Solid surface is one of the most versatile countertop materials available today. Developed initially by DuPont as Corian, it is well known for its broad palette of colors, its near seamless appearance, and repairability. Since the color of solid surface goes clear through the product, scratches, chips and stains on kitchen or bathroom countertops can often be easily sanded out. Solid surfaces can also be expertly routed for unique decorative edging that can give your kitchen or bathroom countertops a more distinguished look.
- Many color options and color consistency
- Seamless appearance
- Backsplash can be coved into countertop for easy cleaning
- Most easily repairable
- Can be precisely cut and bonded
- Seamless integration of solid surface sink
- Non-porous (hygienic)
- Hot pans can crack and damage surface
See samples of all countertops in our showrooms.