When planning a remodel, it is important to know how to take kitchen measurements. Drawing out the dimensions of your kitchen before visiting our showroom will only speed up the remodeling process. Showing the designer a visual representation of your kitchen will help the designer choose the right cabinets and appliances for your space.
Follow the below steps to take kitchen measurements and you’ll be on your way
1. Make a rough sketch of your room, large enough to fit all the measurements and notes.
2. Start in one corner and label the wall A. Measure along the wall until you reach a door or window.
3. Measure all doors and windows from the outside of the trim to the outside of the trim. FOR WINDOWS also measure: Distance from floor to bottom of sill Distance from top of window to ceiling or soffit. FOR DOORS also measure: Height of door, including trim Distance from top of door to ceiling or soffit. Note the direction that the door swings.
4. Continue measuring around the room (walls B C +D) until you reach your starting point. Include any bump-outs or recessed areas. Measure the height of the soffit (if one exists).
5. Measure the height of the ceiling from more than one location.
6. Mark the location of electrical outlets, air vents, water and gas lines
7. Include measurements of all appliances (width x height x depth)
Below is an example of what your kitchen sketch will look like.
Bring your rough sketch to our showroom located in Allentown, PA. as well as some inspiration pictures! This information will help your designer create a room designed just for your lifestyle and budget. Our showroom is open Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM and Saturday 9AM-2PM.
#MorrisBlackDesigns #KitchenMeasurements #KitchenDesign